Quainton Hall School

Quainton Hall School
Quainton Hall images

School History

Quainton Hall SchoolQHS was established by Agnes Eyden in 1897. Hindes Road was a cart track at that time and the school bordered on open fields in an area where the predominant industry was still farming.

The son of Agnes Eyden, Montague – “Mont” to all who knew him, was Headmaster at QHS for 46 years, from 1923 to 1969 and indeed, the present Headmaster is only the 5th in the school’s history.

The school was founded to provide a Christian education for the sons of local gentlemen. Since then, much has changed in society and the world at large but the school has maintained a steady growth while remaining true to its key values.

We have been described as a small school with a big heart. Old Quaintonians have moved on to build successful careers in many areas of society, based on the grounding they received while at QHS. Many still keep in touch and are welcome to continue to do so and to share their memories with us.